I made the trellis by stretching galvanized steel wire between two of the posts at the top and bottom. After going around the post I wrapped the wire back on itself with a pair of pliers. I also took the end of the wire and bent it around back on itself to make it less likely to poke or scrape me as I am working in the garden.
Then, I took twine and zig-zaged it between the top and bottom wires. There are many more pea plants on one side than the other, so I slid the twine towards the side with the most plants. The twine pulls on the wires and makes them bow up and down in the middle. This in turn makes the twine want to slip toward the center. To stop this I bent the wires to make little dips that would keep the twine in place.
Then I had to untangle the peas and lean them over to the trellis. The natural fibers of the twine did a good job of grabbing the tendrils.
Other stuff I did today
The other plants seem to be growing well. There are some tiny weeds coming up all over so I did some pulling there.
The red lettuce did not come up at all, and have given up hope on them. I am not going to replant because the crop won't have time to grow before we use the square for another crop.